Principal Frontend Engineer (Global - Remote)
At Pictory, we're all about making video creation a breeze! We're a rapidly growing SaaS solution that empowers businesses and individuals to create stunning videos with ease. Our mission? To become the go-to provider of video creation magic for the digital world!
We are a small team of 10x engineers and we work in a highly collaborative environment. You would be be a part of the core engineering team involved in all aspects of product development.
Impact: Be involved in shaping engineering practices, team and company culture
10x: Work with some of the best, smartest and highly driven people
Ownership: Influence product and process direction with your ideas and opinions
What you will do (responsibilities)
We are looking for experienced individual contributor to work along with designers and
engineers to build and iterate on our web application.
- Design, develop and maintain Pictory web application
integrating REST APIs
- Ensure the performance, and responsiveness of the applications
- Participate in front-end web design with product and UI/UX team
- Advice engineering and business stakeholders on best practices, compatibility issues,
- Perform peer reviews on team members code and provide feedback to ensure quality
and coding standards are met
- Provide level 3 support when escalations are raised to the engineering team, ensuring
issues are resolved promptly
What we are looking for (qualifications and skills):
You are a senior IC who has experience of working with designers back-end developers and product managers. You value constant learning and enjoy creating world-class web applications.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in developing scalable and secure web applications
- Experience of developing SaaS applications, preferably in video and media domain
- Strong understanding and experience with React.js workflows, such as Redux
- Experience of working on NextJS, TypeScript, Webpack and Babel
- Strong understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience in integrating with backend REST
- Good understanding of UX design principles
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of front-end performance optimization techniques
- Competitive salary
- Competitive benefit package
- Exciting, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial culture
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
Pictory is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Pictory does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for AI and new technologies, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.