Founding Software Engineer - Rime Ai
Software Engineering, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Rime is a speech technology startup based in San Francisco, CA, founded by linguists and engineers. We work on deep learning speech and language technologies that power incredibly engaging customer experiences. The next wave of ML technologies is here, and Rime is harnessing these sea-change advancements to deliver something truly unique: real-time speech synthesis that is natural, lifelike, and infinitely customizable. Rime turns previously boring conversational AI applications into something much greater than the sum of their parts. Join us and pioneer these changes.
Rime is just getting started and already growing rapidly. We are seeking a talented and passionate Founding Engineer to join Rime as one of our first hires. As a Founding Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building and optimizing low latency APIs that power our cutting-edge speech synthesis applications. As an early teammate, you will have a high degree of autonomy over engineering and product decisions and will work directly with the founders. You must have a bias to action and strong sense of ownership.
- Design and develop high-performance, low latency APIs that meet the scalability and performance requirements of our application.
- Optimize API performance by identifying and resolving bottlenecks, latency issues, and scalability challenges.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging of APIs to ensure their stability, security, and overall quality.
- Monitor and analyze API performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and implement enhancements accordingly.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies in API development, latency reduction techniques, and cloud infrastructure to propose innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with frontend and backend developers to integrate APIs seamlessly with various application components.
- Proven experience as an API Developer or a similar role, with a focus on low latency APIs.
- Experience with ML models being served over API, whether fully-managed with something like AWS Sagemaker or more low level implementations
- Strong programming skills with expertise in designing and implementing APIs.
- Deep understanding of RESTful API principles, best practices, and design patterns.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and their associated API services (AWS API Marketplace, Apigee, etc.)
- Familiarity with monetization (Stripe, etc.) and authorization (OAuth, JWT) schemata.
- Experience Low latency applications requiring global distribution of resources
- Experience with audio over HTTP (codecs, compression, streaming, etc)
- In-person in San Francisco (SOMA neighborhood), ≥3 days/week
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity package
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Access to a recording studio and audiophile-grade equipment