Senior Full Stack Engineer
Who We Are: WellSaid Labs
We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people
How You’ll Contribute:
We have developed a breakthrough AI algorithm that creates synthetic, realistic speech from text. You will help develop the creative studio powered by this algorithm, enabling creatives to make lifelike voice over for videos, audiobooks, and trainings.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for owning the development of large features and and maintain one or more components of our Text-to-Speech service. This includes following design specifications, owning parts of larger engineering initiatives, and working both collaboratively as well as independently in a mature web codebase.
The projects you'll undertake are geared toward bringing new functionality to the WellSaid Labs Studio. Working directly with our VP and senior engineering team, you'll be tasked with developing features that have high impact and visibility in our customers' daily interactions with Studio.
In your day-to-day, you might work on:
- A collaborative user interface for generating voice over
- A web-based audio editor
- A streamlined custom onboarding experience
Also, you’ll be challenged to:
- Find opportunities to mature our engineering processes
- Build an accessible and inclusive user experience
- Tackle challenges creatively and critically evaluate your work
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to WellSaid Labs!
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you ideally have experience with React (alternatively, Angular, Vue, or similar), Typescript (alternatively, Java, C#, or similar), and HTML/CSS. You have an understanding of software design principles such as DRY, SoC, Dependency Injection, etc. You also have some combination of the following:
- Give attention to creating modular, secure, and well-tested code
- Experience building and shipping end-to-end features to a sizable user base
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
- Ability to self-direct the planning and scoping for a project
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- (Bonus) Experience with our tech stack which includes: NextJS, Node, GraphQL, PostgresSQL, Docker, Google Kubernetes Engine
- (Bonus) Experience with cross-team collaboration
To join our team you must also:
- be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- pass a pre-employment background check
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is fully distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules - work where and when you work best. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options (160-185k)
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! If we feel your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- An introductory interview with the hiring manager (50 minutes); if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop with the team.
- A technical screen, either as a live interview via Karat or as a take-home assessment
- An Interview loop with 3-4 interviews (1 hour each) with the team members you will be potentially working with
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel comfortable ane set up for success in our process.