VP of Marketing
Who We Are: WellSaid Labs
We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people.
Who You Are: A Performance-Driven SaaS Marketing Leader Who Understands the Intersection of the Creative and Technology Worlds
As a growth-stage Marketing leader, you understand the importance of optimizing the unit economics of all acquisition strategies–and are obsessed with understanding who the ideal customer is. You have experience scaling complex SaaS business models, diversifying its marketing programs, and supporting the Sales and Product organizations to better connect with existing and potential customers. At WellSaid, you’ll have a unique opportunity to further the awareness and adoption of the most powerful Generative AI Voice company in the market.
One more thing: While you may not be an AI expert, you are a tech enthusiast/creative at heart. This is a key requirement to become a contributing member of WellSaid. Our customers are creating next-generation content, experiences, and products, and you will support them in achieving their creative goals. You are likely to have a strong opinion in favor, against, or neutral about using the Oxford comma — and know the difference between a hyphen, an em dash, and an en dash. And you most likely hated the previous running sentence.
How You’ll Contribute:
As VP of Marketing at WellSaid Labs, you will be responsible for creating and driving demand for sales, increasing brand awareness, and establishing new marketing programs for creative and technical communities. You will be tasked with helping the company identify new market opportunities supported by quantitative and qualitative analysis in collaboration with Sales, Product, and Finance. You will build a high-performance marketing organization that reflects WellSaid’s core values. This is a strategic role that reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Develop and execute WellSaid’s annual marketing plan and strategy.
- Build and manage a high-performing marketing team.
- Develop and execute demand generation strategies to generate high-quality leads and drive revenue growth.
- Collaborate with sales teams to create aligned marketing and sales funnels.
- Lead the ABM strategy, identifying and targeting key accounts to accelerate growth.
- Oversee digital marketing initiatives, including SEO, SEM, email marketing, and social media campaigns.
- Analyze digital marketing data to optimize campaigns and enhance ROI.
- Manage relationships with channel partners and develop co-marketing initiatives.
- Create channel-specific marketing programs to drive partner success and revenue growth.
- Directing market research, analyzing data, and evaluating competitors' strategies and positioning, providing recommendations for counterstrategies.
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you ideally have successfully achieved operational excellence in building and leading marketing teams in growth and scale-stage startups (Series B+).
You also have some combination of the following:
- 7+ years of experience in the software industry with recent mid-market and enterprise SaaS experience, preferably on the creative and technical applications side (selling to content teams, marketing, HR, product)
- 5+ years of experience in leadership roles in Series B+ venture-back startups
- A proven track record of consistently exceeding quota goals with solid leadership, tenacity, great attitude, accountability, high energy, integrity, and discipline
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of modern demand generation best practices, such as conversational marketing, personalization, ABM, predictive intent, etc.
- High-level understanding of SaaS companies’ infrastructure and software development life cycle
To join our team, you also:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment emphasizing each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is headquartered in Seattle and distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules; we do require that within your work day, all team members be able to meet our Core Business Hours of 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. PT. For this role, candidates based in Seattle who can be in office 1-3 days per week are strongly preferred. For candidates outside of the Seattle area, we ask that you be able to travel up to 4-6 times per year to spend valuable in-person time with the team!
Compensation and Benefits
As a startup, we strive to be externally competitive with companies at a similar size and stage, and internally fair in our pay practices. The hiring salary range for this role is base pay of $175,000 - $195,000, with additional incentive pay of $20,000-$40,000 annually. This represents the target offer range given the scope and experience expectations for this role.
In hiring, we are generally open to a range of experiences and levels, and recognize that as a candidate you may be less experienced or more senior than this job description as posted. If that's the case, an updated salary range will be shared with you if you move forward in our hiring process.
As a WSL team member, once you are hired, the salary range for your role expands to ensure you are able to receive performance-based raises and grow in your role.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive equity package
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous paid flexible time off policy
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! If we feel your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- Initial “phone” screens with the VP of People and CEO (45 minutes each); if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop with the team.
- An Interview loop with 3-4 interviews (1 hour each) with the Leadership and Marketing & Product team members you would be working closely with in this role
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel set up for success in our process.