Senior Product Designer
Owl.co is an AI and data company that enables insurers to fight illegitimate claims while removing human bias from the process. Our clients are the top insurance companies across North America, and they are achieving incredible results through our AI-powered, evidence-based platform. We are well-funded and have engineering offices in New York City, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Product Designer to join our team. You will research, set the design strategy, and design how insurance users interact with and experience our AI solutions.
What you will do:
- You will be the primary designer at Owl reporting to the VP Product.
- Work on all parts of the Owl platform. You’ll rotate from one initiative to the other, always focused on the highest priorities across the company.
- Work on all types of problems: complex, ambiguous, large redesigns, small wins, internal demos, etc.
- Kickstart new products and set the design vision for how they’ll evolve and impact our business over time.
- Listen to and engage with our users along with Customer Success and Product.
- Run quick user research and usability sessions.
- Work directly with design, product and engineering leaders, helping craft compelling narratives, strategies, and inspiring demos.
- Set the bar for product design excellence by ensuring solutions set high visual and interaction design quality standards.
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer, interaction designer, or user experience designer
- Experience researching for and designing a B2B product
- Experience in human-computer interaction, user research, and design thinking
- Track record of shipping innovative and impactful designs
- Strong portfolio of design projects showcasing your process and results
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with Product Managers, engineers and customers
- Experience designing interfaces for machine learning products
- Experience designing for insurance
- Experience at fast-growing startups
- Experience recruiting and mentoring design teams
- Functional prototyping skills
- Wellness and Healthcare Spending Account
- Fully paid extended health care plan
- RRSP matching
- 4 weeks of vacation, 10 public holidays, plus 5 personal days
- Weekly team lunches in the office
- Amazing team of super talented individuals who make work a great experience